Friday, June 26, 2009

Day 30

I did 30:08 for 1.91:

1 @ 3 mph
4 @ 3.5 mph
1 @ 4 mph
5 @ 4.5 mph
3 @ 3.5 mph
6 @ 4.5 mph
3 @ 3.5 mph
1 @ 4.5 mph
1 @ 4 mph -- OK, I half ran half walked this minute
3 @ 3.5 mph
1 @ 3 - 2.5 mph
1 @ 2 - 1.5 mph

OK, this was supposed to be my easy walk day as this is day 6 and I ran for 20 minutes straight yesterday but I wanted to see how long I could run at 4.5 mph. I did the first set for 5 minutes and my heart rate got up to 163 so I walked for 3, then ran another 6 where my heart rate got up to 166. I walked another 3 minutes and was going to run for another 5 but my whole body said, "Nuh uh!" after 1 minute so I slowed down to 4 mph and halfway through that minute I had to walk. When I start to feel like I am going to fall asleep and can barely keep my eyes open, I know I pushed it waaaayyyy too hard. But I did do 12 minutes at 4.5 mph! Woo hoo! For some reason I am way more proud of that then the 20 minutes yesterday!! If I keep up this on my days off from running, I may pick up my speed soon!!

Honestly, though, I am so glad tomorrow is a day off. It is my sis-in-law's baby shower. Yay! The last few days have been rough for me emotionally but I am hoping to get over these doldrums soon especially tomorrow when I get to visit my sis-in-law, you know?

See you on Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment