Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 25

I did 30:11 for 1.71:

1 minute @ 2.5 mph
4 minutes @ 3 mph
5 minutes @ 4 mph
3 minutes @ 3 mph
5 minutes @ 4 mph
3 minutes @ 3 mph
5 minutes @ 4 mph
2 minutes @ 3 mph
1 minute @ 2.7 - 2.5 mph
1 minute @ 2 - 1.5 mph

It's funny that the more I run it seems the shorter the distance! I know it is because I have slowed down my pace for the running and walking but I am successfully completing these runs so I am TOTALLY OK with it, I just think it's humorous.

I did not exercise on Friday or on Saturday and feel guilty. I did work out 5 days last week but still feel bad even though I was down for the count. I have this weird rice cake addiction that finally caught up with me. Apparently when you eat waaaayyyyy too much fiber in the form of a rice cake it does not allow your body to absorb any of the nutrients from the other food that you are eating and your body starts to shut down. NOT FUN at all....so, not only am I not sleeping more than 3 - 4 hours a night (and barely more than 1/2 hour at a single stretch), my body also decided it was done with the rice cake thing.

I actually went the whole day yesterday not eating a single rice cake! I also could not raise my head from the pillow but that is beside the point!

I have a decision to make. I am training for the 5 Mile run in Westport on the 8th of August. Someone I used to work with at the CU texted me on Thursday to see if I could perform her wedding. I asked her the date afraid that she was going to say the 15th which is when we are planning to go to Silverwood in Idaho but she didn't...she said the 8th. I told her that the run starts at 10:30 and I know it will take me a few hours, maybe less, and she told me it is at 4:00. I asked her where and she told me a place in Aberdeen. I didn't respond back yet as I had to give this some thought. I am training for this run that I am looking so much forward to...it inspired me to start taking care of myself (OK, not with rice cakes but with the running) and I was hoping to meet some people and just hang out and do things that runners do after a race. I have no idea what that is, just that I am going to be there. My son and husband are going to be there cheering me on. Sigh...I probably could be done and home in time to shower change and head back into town but what if I am not? I would feel terrible and I would never be so gauche to ask her to move her wedding to a later time. Wedding venues don't like change and neither do brides.

When we last discussed her wedding over 8 months ago a relative was going to do it...would it be selfish of me to say no? What if I am done in plenty of time and had said no...I would feel terrible! I definitely have some thinking to do!

Change of subject...I am thinking of either training longer on my off days from running or adding a 30 minute brisk walk about 4 hours after my run as if I was training for a marathon. The reason is that I am following The Couch-to-5K Running Plan and I am actually doing a 5 Mile race. I don't think that I will burn myself out. I am feeling really good about my pace and endurance at this point. Another thing to think about! =O)

No comments:

Post a Comment