Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Day 23 and working out at the Y

I did 40 minutes:

I did 20 minutes on the elliptical machine, then did 20 minutes on some machine called the SCIFIT. Quite frankly, I am not really sure what I was doing on the SCIFIT. Was I hiking...climbing...cross country skiing...who knows? I was mainly just getting some aerobic exercise in while working my arms. The only muscle that felt like it got worked out while using the SCIFIT was my right forearm muscle. Weird!

I accomplished all of this at my local Y. I was hoping to find someone there who could help me figure out why I keep twanging my IT band when I am stretching but there were mainly only muscle guys and really young girls doing weight lifting. Maybe next time!

Unfortunately while out and about in town, I saw a ton of people I know. So, I am there in my running 'outfit' with cellulite....it's a sad state of affairs....sigh... But I did tell people that I was training for the 5 mile run and they seemed happy. At least that's what I thought as they weren't really saying anything but, ohhhh...I am sure they were struck dumb by the sight of my very pale and rippled thighs!

Tomorrow is the last run of the week!

No comments:

Post a Comment