Monday, June 15, 2009

Day 21

I did 30:10 for 1.58:

1 minute @ 2 mph
4 minutes @ 2.5 mph
5 minutes @ 3 mph
5 minutes @ 3.5 mph
5 minutes @ 4 mph
5 minutes @ 3.5 mph
3 minutes @ 3 mph
1 minute @ 2.5 - 2 mph
1 minute @ 2 - 1.5 mph

Today I emotionally felt much better. The walk was great and I actually heard the music I have programmed on the computer. When I run, all I hear is myself saying "Oh my gosh, am I done yet???" =O)

I also did 15 minutes on My Fitness Coach of upper body work although she started skipping and lunging at first to warm up my back which seemed odd…oh well!

I then did 15 minutes of yoga where I have determined that I should get my right leg checked out as that one pesky IT band pull (at least I think that is what it is) is not letting me fully do some of the moves. How am I supposed to become flexible if I cannot stretch? Yeesh!

While walking I made a decision that if I am still struggling after my third run this week, then I will repeat this week to get my endurance built up. I am not a failure if I am not progressing where I think I should be. For goodness sake, I am a 41 year old woman who hasn't exercised for over 3 years! Although trying to tell myself that yesterday did NOT work as I was really bummed by my weight gain. This morning when I got up a visitor came to call which explains the gain...if you are a woman then you know what I mean...if not, well ummm, sorry?

One thing I got in the mail today was a flyer for Team in Training which raises money for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I am seriously considering attending one of the meetings in Tacoma. What a great way to get in shape with people who know what they are doing while raising money for a great cause! If I do it, I will let you know what my fundraising website is.

Tomorrow, I...gulp...run!

No comments:

Post a Comment