Thursday, June 11, 2009

Day 18

Here is what I wrote in my journal before I started my running at around 8ish.

OK, I am getting a little bummed so I want to write it down and release it into the ether so here goes:

I have been reading a bunch of running books and online articles and I should be running for way longer (time not mileage) than I am doing. My husband claims that since I was so out of shape that I am doing great for where I'm at. He's right but I guess I'm a little competitive and feel like I should be farther ahead.

Heck I am so proud of myself for doing what I am doing and just because my motivation to get started was a 5 MIle run, it doesn't mean that is the only reason, right? AND I exercised through really sore legs and didn't quit!

Do I feel better...ummm, a little?

I did 30:07 for 1.88 (shouldn't my mileage be more??):

1 minute @ 3 mph
4 minutes @ 3.5 mph
90 seconds @ 4.5 mph
90 seconds @ 3.5 mph
3 minutes @ 4.5 mph
3 minutes @ 3.5 mph
90 seconds @ 4.5 mph
90 seconds @ 3.5 mph
3 minutes @ 4.5 mph
3 minutes @ 3.5 mph
2 minutes @ 4.5 mph
3 minutes @ 3.5 mph
1 minute @ 3.0 - 2.5 mph
1 minute @ 2.0 - 1.5 mph

I did it! I have to say when I was stretching I did twang my left calf but it seems to be getting better as I am typing. Now after doing my run today, I am right where I need to be, the last 3 minutes was tough! But, I toughed it out and added another 2 minute run to it. Woo hoo!

Next week the schedule is jog 3 min, walk 90 secs, jog 5 min, walk 2 min 30 sec, jog 3 min, walk 90 secs, jog 5 min, nothing more after that but me hanging onto the treadmill attempting to not throw up!! =O)

Tomorrow some brisk walking using the above schedule but changing the 4.5 mph to 4 mph.

Don't forget to check me out on my other blog seekermommy.blogspot.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment