Monday, June 22, 2009

Day 26

I did 30:07 for 1.75:

1 minute @ 2.5 mph
4 minutes @ 3 mph
10 minutes @ 3.5 mph
2 minutes @ 4.5 mph
2 minutes @ 3.5 mph
2 minutes @ 4.5 mph
2 minutes @ 3.5 mph
2 minutes @ 4.5 mph
3 minutes @ 3.5 mph
1 minute @ 3 - 2.5 mph
1 minute @ 2 - 1.5 mph

At around minute 12 I was only planning on walking and since that is all I was going to do, I was looking at the different trainings I have printed out for beginning runners to quell a bit of the boredom. One I have, has you running every day with one day of rest. On week 5 you start with a 15 minute walk, then run 2, then walk 4 and nothing else after that. The next day you walk 5, run 5 and repeat until you hit 35 minutes. I decided to see on the Couch-to-5 K Running Plan what next week had in store for me and discovered that my second run of THIS week has me walking 5 minutes then run for 8 minutes, walk for 5, then run another 8. Yikes! I print out (or hand write) what my run will do with minute tallys so I know when to switch the treadmill to a different mph and had written down the first run thinking that was the same run all week and it wasn't! Whew...thank goodness I looked!

So, I decided to do a bit of the other plan. I walked the 15 minutes, then ran 2, walk 2, ran 2, walk 2, ran 2 at a higher mph since I was already walking at 3.5, I ran at 4.5. Did you notice I got farther with only 6 minutes of running then I did yesterday with 15 minutes? In all honesty, I was getting winded at the end of the last 2 minutes at 4.5 mph so I am glad that I am running the longer distances at 4 mph.

Heck, the last run of this week has me walking 5 then running 20 minutes with no walking! Obviously I will walk the remaining 5 (to get to 30 minutes) to cool down...I am not afraid...OK, I am but I am going to do it. Even if I have to slow down to 3.5 while running I am going to do it....

Tomorrow my next run!

No comments:

Post a Comment