Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Day 47 -- 40 minutes straight!

I did 50:07 for 3.16:

1 @ 2.5
3 @ 3
1 @ 3.5
40 @ 4
3 @ 3.5
1 @ 3 - 2.5
1 @ 2 - 1.5

I ran this long run on the treadmill and I felt great!! I had received some advice from one of the runners, Scott, on the Courage to Start Yahoo group who told me to build up endurance BEFORE trying to increase my speed. He told me to run 1.5 times more distance than I have been at around 1 - 1.5 mph less than what I normally run at. Unfortunately that means I would be running at 3 mph which I don't think I could do because I walk faster than that so I just gave it a go at 4 mph and kept at it until I hit 40 minutes running which is 10 minutes LONGER than I did last week so I am just thrilled, thrilled, thrilled!!!!

The only sour note of my day is I weighed myself at Pete's doctor's office and it said that I weigh 157. Yes, my dear friends, that means I have gained 8 pounds...how in the hell???? I can see that some is water weight....

I am going to weigh myself tomorrow on the Wii Balance Board and see what that says since that is what I have been using. I expect a bit as it is that time of the month, but 8? I will be super-duper-pissed if I have been working my butt off running for 47 days to be right back where I started. I know that Dawn Dais says she did not lose a pound but at least she could see the difference. Me, not so much. My husband says he can tell but he is supposed to say that...sigh...

Tomorrow is my son's BDay and we have scheduled to get his hair cut and dyed blue (just the tips) and mine cut as well. I have to bring my mother-in-law with me but at least she can stay with him at the salon while I go to Wal-Mart to get him a card and a few small presents. He has already received a ton of stuff and he gets to go to Fujiyama this weekend.

If I get up early enough, I am going to get on the recumbent bike that I got my husband for Xmas 2 years ago that he just finished assembling last night with my son's help. I would really like to run again so I may tomorrow night. See you then!!

No comments:

Post a Comment