Sunday, July 12, 2009

Day 40 -- woo hoo!

I did 40:00 for 2.75 (approx):

I did 5 minutes brisk walking
30 minutes running
5 minutes cool down

I ran for 30 minutes instead of the 28 that I was supposed to! I was outside and had my son riding next to me. It was soooooo much easier than running on the treadmill. After 20 minutes of running, I was still feeling really good so I decided to just go for the 30 minutes. Heck, I could have probably gone even longer! For the last 8 minutes, I was grinning like a loon with how good I felt. I am sure the cooler weather helped. What was funny was that it has been raining with thunder and lightning pretty much all day but it had stopped around 2:30 so I decided to do what I had written yesterday and run outside. I am definitely going to run all my long runs outside going forward.

I am just so jazzed! Yesterday I was concerned that I seem to be pooping out so soon but didn't at all when I was outside. Now, honestly, I do not know how fast I was running and I am sure that has something to do with it. But, I do not care how fast I was running, just that I did it! If I can do the next scheduled long run for 30 minutes than I am skipping the 28 minute week entirely (Week 8) and continuing with the 30 minutes (Week 9) which is the end of The Couch-to-5K Running Plan and increasing my run time for the rest of the time I have until the race. I would love to get up to running for an hour straight. I think I have time to build up to that. Go me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment