Monday, July 20, 2009

Day 46 -- upping the speed!

I did 35:05 for 2.33:

1 @ 3
4 @ 3.5
5 @ 5
5 @ 3.5
5 @ 5
5 @ 3.5
2:30 @ 5
1:30 @ 4
1 @ 4.5
3 @ 3.5
1 @ 3 - 2.5
1 @ 2 - 1.5

This was harder than my other speed building runs but I feel like I should start amping up my speed on these 5 minute runs. I do have to wonder if these are becoming detrimental to my endurance for the longer runs as observed by my results yesterday. Tomorrow my son and I are going to get up early to do a long run.

My husband has a cardiologist appointment tomorrow to see if anything is wrong with his heart. More than likely they won't find anything wrong which leaves him free to continue to smoke, eat like crap and not exercise. For me, that is his decision but for his son...it really pisses me off as he knows what it is like to have his dad die when he is our son's age and what it did to him...he still won't change...I imagine I will be burying him in another year or two. Sorry to get so real but it is the facts, Jack!

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment