Sunday, August 2, 2009

Day 53 part 1

I was on the recumbent bike for 40:21 and did 11.62 miles.

I was reading my new issue of Runner's World and right as I was finishing up, I started an article about Tera Moody who cannot sleep. I have yet to finish the article but will by the time I come back on here to record tonight's run. It occurs to me that my running has slowed down, SIGNIFICANTLY, since I started taking sleeping pills because I could not sleep. Yes, I am getting more sleep now but I wake up feeling like a gumby and have no motivation. I mean, for goodness sakes, I have an interview on Wednesday for a job that I really want and would be great but I can hardly get motivated to think about it.

Yes, I have tried all sorts of 'healthy' remedies to sleep and still no sleep. I was taking some sleepy time medicine that Tylenol makes and it was helping me sleep. Then my doctor prescribed Temazepam which I take 2 of at around 9:00. I fall asleep by 11:00 and then I am wide awake at 2:00 so I take 2 more...hmmm, probably not a good idea. Oh and it is in the same family as Xanax...super...

No comments:

Post a Comment