Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Day 59

I did 50:07 for 3.14:

1 @ 3.5
29 @ 4
6 @ 3.5
1 @ 3.8
8 @ 3.5 (running, OK jogging)
2 @ 4
2 @ 3
1 @ 2.5 - 1.5

I seriously do not know how I did 5 miles in 1:08:56 (a 13:48 minute) if I according to my treadmill, I went 3 miles in 47 minutes which works out to be a 15:40 minute pace and it felt like I was running around the same pace. Is it possible that the course was off a bit? I know my watch had me at 1.82 miles when I passed the 2 mile marker. My husband thinks I may not have set my stride correctly when I set up this watch that I am wearing but to be different by 2 minutes a mile???

I am really trying to not focus on speed but mileage but it is hard to do when the treadmill tells you where you are at and what you have done while you are running. I need to get outside tomorrow as that may be a better gauge. I have checked, again, that from here to the school turn off is 2.5 miles so I would like to do the whole 5 miles and see how it works out.

I don't think I will run outside in California because of the heat. I did specifically choose a motel that not only had a kitchen but also a work out room with treadmill. As much as I am tempted to not exercise while I am there, I have worked to hard these last few months and will NOT set myself back!

Results of my 5 mile run tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment